At Ashburton New World we want the best possible experience for our customers, and know that employing the right people and working together is crucial to gaining the best possible customer service.
This full time position requires a high level of initiative and attention to detail, management and communication skills and has the potential to pave the way to a successful career in Supermarket Management through our ongoing training opportunities.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Duty Manager who is committed to leading all aspects of the supermarket in a timely and professional manner. This person will need to ensure the efficient and safe running of the entire Supermarket, with emphasis on maintain high standards throughout the store.
Key responsibilities for this role are:
- Managing staff
- Ensuring compliance of Health & Safety and Food Safety policies.
- Following store policy in regards to customer complaints and queries.
- Making sure all shelves are kept full and faced.
- Ensuring all aspects of tobacco, Lotto and Liquor laws are upheld.
- Experience supervising staff in a retail environment
- A current Forklift Licence or the ability to obtain it
- A General Manager’s Licence or the ability to obtain it
- To be physically fit, well organized and motivated.
Hours of work will be 2.00pm – 11.00pm and will include one weekend shift.
Take up this opportunity and apply online now including a covering letter and full CV to:
Applications close 25th May 2022 unless filled earlier.