As a result of an increase in funding Safer Mid Canterbury is wishing to employ an additional Family Case Worker within the Refugee Settlement Support Service.
We are looking for someone seeking a new challenge in this rewarding role, assisting refugees to participate fully and integrate socially and economically into their new community.
You would be part of a wider team of individuals who
are passionate about supporting refugees and would be given the privilege of playing a significant role in their lives as you support them on their settlement journey.
If you enjoy engaging with people from diverse cultures, like working in an environment where no day is the same, and are a team player, then this could be the perfect job for you. As a family caseworker you will be one of our primary support people for newly arriving families.
The person applying for this job must have relevant experience and/or training in a field that furnishes them with the skills and experience needed for a position of this type. We are looking for candidates with the following key attributes:
- Ability to relate with and support people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge and experience working with children, youth and families.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Hold a current motor vehicle driver’s licence and willing to travel to fulfil job requirements
- Empathy with humanitarian causes
- Enthusiasm and commitment to work as a team member
This position is for 20 hours per week, we offer a supportive, flexible, family friendly work environment with great working conditions.
To apply for this position please go to the Careers section of our website www.safermidcanterbury.org.nz/careers/ to view the job description and download an application form.
For further information, please contact Ani on 03 308 1395
Applications close Monday July 11th