Do you love the outdoors and want to be involved in the maintenance of ?ood protection works and work in and around our rivers?
We are looking for a talented person with a passion for river environments and the management of their resources to join our Rivers team based at the Ashburton Works Depot.
In this role you will use your experience and understanding of ?uvial environments and contractor management to support work in ?ood protection, drainage and broader river related activities.
To ensure your success, it is desirable to have:
- Knowledge and experience in river protections
- Experience in the use of 4WD vehicles, tractors, chainsaws, spray equipment and other light and heavy machinery
- A passion and desire to work to support the management of our regions rivers
- Experience working with contractors, partners and stakeholders to achieve multiple successful outcomes
- Ability to follow systems and procedures as well as look for best practice/improvement opportunities
- Proven ability to develop and nurture strong relationships with stakeholders and tangata whenua;
- An environmental and health and safety perspective in all aspects of work
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently in the ?eld
- This role requires a medical check prior to an o?er of employment due to the physical nature of the job
The role requires you to be available for response during ?ood or other emergency events.
If you think this role is a great ?t with your background, skills and experience we would love to hear from you.
You can apply by visiting: https://ecan.elmotalent.co.nz/careers/vacancies/job/view/689.
Please contact Environment Canterbury with any queries: 0800 324 636